New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Online Motorcycle sales scam! Beware!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Online Motorcycle sales scam! Beware!!

Thanks for the heads up. The bottom line when buying a used bike is "if the deal is too good to be true, it is". Plain and simple. If you can't put your hand on a bike, see it in person with your own two eyes, or can't sit on it, don't buy it. Common sence is the key.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:57 PM

Yeah, most of the scammers are looking for americans and want you to send money via Western Union. DO NOT do this. They also advertise very nice " Dream Machines", no mods needed.
I almost was taken by several individuals however since I have imported vehicles into the states before I contacted the "so called shipping agency" and they informed me that people were often scammed through the international market.
All of the individuals I was trying to purchase a bike through claimed to have the bike in America then when I asked for more info they stated that they have moved to Europe ect.
I even have had one of them email me a title that said Florida, but if you looked at the VIN and other numbers they used an editing software to modify.
These guys are good, one of them had their bike listed on e-bay and another website and was unfortunate enough to run into me in both sites, I quickly notified e-bay and the listing waas removed.
Buyer Beware, if you can't see, drive and touch the bike, go somewhere that you can.
The only thing that saved me was I used to race an RC-31 in Japan and imported the bike back with me, I knew all it took to do this.
The seller that was the closest to taking my money said, "the bike could be delivered tp my door in three days" from Europe by an express company. I contacted the shipping company to asked them how they avoided customs inspection and all the paperwork. No way can you avoid the US Customs Dept.

BEWARE and HAPPY Purchases

JR (new to this forum )

Old 06-23-2005, 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: dibblejr
Buyer Beware, if you can't see, drive and touch the bike, go somewhere that you can.
JR (new to this forum )
Hi JR welcome to the boards. Good words of wisedom right there.